When does someone need more help?
If you are having problems with your mental health
If you are concerned about your mental health, you should see your GP for advice and treatment options.
Alternatively, discover the services available in Tower Hamlets for when you’re experiencing issues with your mental health.
If you are trying to help a friend or family member
If someone's mental health problems are affecting their daily life, they may benefit from further support.
Tell them they have taken a vital first step by talking to you, and that it's now important they speak to someone.
Suggest they contact:
- a GP or NHS 111, or
- they refer themselves to their local IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service . IAPT services cover most of England.
There are also organisations who can help them right now if they need urgent support.
Charities, helplines and communities
- Find support on the Hub of Hope
- Visit Samaritans' website
- Visit Mind's website
- Rethink Mental illness: family and friends
- Movember Conversations: talk through the tough times