When does someone need more help?

If you are having problems with your mental health

If you are concerned about your mental health, you should see your GP for advice and treatment options.

If you need urgent support, you can call the free 24/7 Tower Hamlets Crisis Line, telephone: 0800 073 0003. For free 24-hour listening support you can call Samaritans: 116 123.

Alternatively, discover the services available in Tower Hamlets for when you’re experiencing issues with your mental health. 

If you are trying to help a friend or family member

If someone's mental health problems are affecting their daily life, they may benefit from further support.

Tell them they have taken a vital first step by talking to you, and that it's now important they speak to someone.

Suggest they contact:

There are also organisations who can help them right now if they need  urgent support.

Charities, helplines and communities


Feedback on this page