As you get older, getting up and down stairs can become difficult.
If you have asthma or joint problems due to arthritis or osteoporosis, then you might want to consider a stairlift. Stairlifts allow you to get up and down the stairs safely and comfortably.
There are other ways to ensure staircase safety at home:
- take your time when walking up and down the stairs
- get a relative or friend to help you
- avoid carrying objects that may be heavy or obscure your view
- install a downstairs toilet to minimise trips up and down the stairs
- consider downsizing and moving into a bungalow.