Adapting your home

Plans for home alterationsDisabled Facilities Grant

If you are a disabled homeowner or private tenant who finds it difficult to manage around the home, you can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant from Tower Hamlets Council to fund changes to your home.

For example:

  • widening doors and install ramps
  • improving access to rooms and facilities (eg stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom)
  • providing a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.

The council is committed to making the Disabled Facilities Grant available to all eligible owner-occupiers, tenants and landlords, so that disabled residents can remain safe and independent in their own homes.

The maximum funding available is £30,000.

How to apply

You will need to apply to Tower Hamlets Council using the appropriate form below:

You can also contact:

Telephone: 020 7364 2572 / 020 7364 0823

Feedback on this page