NHS complaints advocacy

If you are not happy with treatment or care that you, a family member or friend has received from the NHS, you can make a complaint. If you find it difficult to complain yourself, you can ask for an advocate to help you.

POhWER  provide the NHS complaints advocacy service in Tower Hamlets. This service is free, independent and confidential.

NHS complaints advocacy can:

  • support you to make a complaint about care and treatment provided or funded by the NHS
  • support you to make a complaint on someone else’s behalf if they would like you to
  • listen to your concerns
  • answer any questions about the complaints procedure and explain your options
  • provide a step-by-step self-help guide to making your own complaint 
  • signpost you to the right organisations outside of the complaints process, if required
  • provide you with an advocate who can help you to make your complaint
  • support a young person under 16 if they have capacity to reach their own decisions. If a child does not have the capacity to make a decision about their treatment, only a parent or guardian may complain on behalf of their child without permission.

For further details contact POhWER.

Telephone: 0300 456 2370
Email: pohwer@pohwer.net.

Feedback on this page