Aims of adult safeguarding
Adult safeguarding aims to:
- stop abuse or neglect wherever possible
- prevent harm and reduce the risk of abuse or neglect to adults with care and support needs
- safeguard adults in a way that supports them in making choices and having control about how they want to live
- promote an outcome focused approach that concentrates on improving life for the adults concerned
- raise public awareness so that communities as a whole, alongside professionals, play their part in preventing, identifying and responding to abuse and neglect
- provide information and support in accessible ways to help adults understand the different types of abuse, how to stay safe and what to do to raise a concern about the safety or well-being of an adult and
- address what has caused the abuse.
We believe that safeguarding is everyone’s business, therefore, if you have concerns about the abuse of a vulnerable adult, contact Adult Services at:
Tower Hamlets Connect telephone 0300 303 6060, email Enquiry@towerhamletsconnect.org.
Out of Hours Duty Team, telephone 020 7364 4079 (5pm – 9am and weekends only).
Alternatively, if you have a young person or adults with high risks of serious harm, you can contact the High Risk Panel, email firstname.lastname@example.org.