Reporting abuse or neglect

Detailed information on what to do and who to contact if you or someone you know is vulnerable and being abused can be found on the Tower Hamlets Council website.

If you think you or someone you know is being abused or neglected you should call Tower Hamlets Connect on 0300 303 6070 (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday). 

You can follow this up by completing a Safeguarding Alert Form, but this is not necessary.

The council has a duty to investigate safeguarding concerns under the Care Act 2014 in a person-centred way to protect a person’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. 

Reporting a crime

If you think a crime has been committed - and it’s an emergency situation - you should call 999. For non-emergencies call 101.


Feedback on this page