What is adult social care?
Tower Hamlets Adult Social Care provides advice and support for adults from the age of 18 who may have:
- a physical or sensory impairment
- a learning disability
- mental illness
and adults whose independence is at risk due to age or frailty.
Our main focus is to help people identify ways in which they can continue to live their lives in the way they wish and to maintain their independence where possible.
It is very important to us that anyone who comes into contact with Tower Hamlets Adult Social Care receives a high quality service.
How can I get help?
- General questions relating to adult social care, contact Tower Hamlets Connect, telephone 0300 303 6070, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours - 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- If someone needs help from social care urgently, contact the council, telephone 020 7364 5000, email email@example.com.
- If you care for someone else and need support, contact the Carer Centre, telephone 020 7790 1765 or visit carerscentretowerhamlets.org.uk.
- If you have a complaint about a social care council service: contact the council, telephone 0800 374 176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require a mental health service or think you have a mental health condition please contact the mental health charity Mind, telephone 020 7510 1081, email@example.com or www.mithn.org.uk or your GP for advice and support.