Tower Hamlets Connect: code of conduct
Code of conduct for listing on Tower Hamlets Connect
For providers registering to use the Tower Hamlets Connect website (henceforth referred to as the Digital Portal) to list and promote their goods, services and events on the Community Directory and /or Events calendar
All providers wishing to list their service(s) on the Digital Portal will need to sign up to and uphold the Code of Conduct, which forms part of the registration process.
The provider should not, under any circumstances, consider or promote this to be an endorsement by Tower Hamlets Together or any the consortium members delivering the Tower Hamlets Connect information and advice service (collectively referred to as Tower Hamlets Connect within the Code of Conduct) of:
- The provider
- The organisation(s) / service(s) / goods / events listed (collectively referred to as services within the Code of Conduct)
Under no circumstances should the provider refer to, use, or rely upon this Code of Conduct in advertising, selling or promoting services.
Providers shall not represent or purport to represent Tower Hamlets Connect or knowingly permit themselves to be so represented.
Tower Hamlets Connect reserve the right to update or modify the Code of Conduct at any time, without prior notice. For this reason, providers are encouraged to regularly review the Code of Conduct.
- By registering on the Digital Portal, providers acknowledge and agree that they’ve read and understood this Code of Conduct and will comply accordingly.
- Providers acknowledge that the Digital Portal is for information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice, which should be sought where appropriate.
- Providers grant Tower Hamlets Connect, through the Digital Portal, permission to store, use and copy content as it sees fit.
- Tower Hamlets Connect reserves the right to request additional documentation with a view to verifying an organisation’s suitability and ability to deliver the service outlined in the proposed listing, prior to approving its publication.
- Tower Hamlets Connect reserves the right to amend, remove, suspend or redact any listings, at any time, at its absolute discretion.
- Providers will ensure that information included within their listing(s) is accurate, reliable, up to date and accessibility compliant (where appropriate). It is also their responsibility to provide Tower Hamlets Connect with any updates as and when applicable. Each provider is also solely responsible for backing up its content.
- By using this service, you are confirming that you are registered with the appropriate regulatory body for the services you provide (if relevant).
- Providers will ensure that any content they use is not defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory. It doesn’t promote violence, sexually explicit material, illegal activity or discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality or disability. It doesn’t infringe any copyrights, database rights or trademarks.
- Providers acknowledge that they process data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Providers will ensure services are delivered in accordance with all relevant legislative and regulatory standards, including those related to safeguarding, and are fit for purpose.
- If a service is subject to safeguarding concerns, purchasing restrictions with Tower Hamlets Council, or other quality investigations, the provider must inform any prospective customers of their current status in those proceedings.
- Providers will recognise that some customers will be vulnerable due to their age, mental and/or physical condition or will need expertise and support to determine what goods or services are suitable for their needs. Such customers may take longer to reach appropriate decisions, require more information and guidance and providers will ensure that they are given sufficient time for this.
- Providers will ensure that appropriate levels of insurance - including public liability insurance and, where appropriate, employer’s liability - are in place for the services and/or goods provided.
- Providers will ensure that all service users are treated fairly and not in a discriminatory way.
- Any reference to compliance with other schemes, kite marks, registered industry standards etc. will be accurate. Should the provider’s status change (i.e. it is no longer compliant), then the provider must notify Tower Hamlets Connect at the earliest opportunity. Any reference to compliance should be removed from the listing (s) and, if appropriate, the listing should be removed.
- Providers acknowledge that any information provided on the portal and or to any service user will be true and accurate. In the event that any information proves to be untrue or inaccurate then Tower Hamlets Connect may remove the provider from the Portal at Tower Hamlets Connect’s sole discretion