Age UK East London Foundations Quality Marked Handyperson Service is funded through the London Borough of Tower Hamlets to provide:
- home security
- accident prevention, and
- general handyperson services.
As a resident of Tower Hamlets, classified as an older person, disabled and in receipt of benefits, you are entitled to two free visits to your home per year.
To be eligible for this service, individuals need to be:
- residents in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- on one of the main benefits, and
- discharged from hospital, where the work required is essential to enable a return home and prevent bed blocking
- living with a physical/sensory and/or learning disability
- prone to falls or who are at high risk of falls
- living with longterm illness
- 50 years of age and over
- a carer referred by one of the agencies in Tower Hamlets supporting carers such as the Carers' Centre to access these services for their cared for persons.
People who are not eligible may still receive the service, but will be charged.
For further information on the service please call our Booking Officer, telephone 020 8503 4800.