Paying for your own care

Contributing to the cost of your support

If you have been asked to contribute to the cost of your care and support, the council will take off the amount you contribute from your direct payment before transferring the money to your prepaid card account.

You can pay your own contributions directly into the prepaid card account.

Do I need to record my spending?

The prepaid card account records your spending in the same way that a bank account does.

The council can see your prepaid card account online and will only ask for proof of spending if a transaction does not appear to be in line with your agreed care and support plan.