Adapting your home

Disabled Facilities Grant

If you are a disabled homeowner or private tenant who finds it difficult to manage around the home, you can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant from Tower Hamlets Council to fund changes to your home. For example to:

  • widen doors and install ramps
  • improve access to rooms and facilities (eg stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom)
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.

The council is committed to making disabled facilities grant available to all eligible owner-occupiers, tenants and landlords, so that disabled residents can remain safe and independent in their own homes.

The maximum funding available is £30,000.

How to apply

You will need to apply to Tower Hamlets Council using one of the following forms, if you are:

You can also contact:

Telephone: 020 7364 2572 / 020 7364 0823