Do you want to make positive changes in your life?
Community navigators are a welcoming and accessible service, here to support your health and wellbeing. Any support you need come to us and if we can’t help we can direct you to someone who can.
Anyone who lives, works or studies in Tower Hamlets is eligible to use our service.
What community navigators do
We will take you through a simple assessment process looking at:
- health and wellbeing
- family and children
- finance and money matters
- support groups
- employment and training
- leisure and social activities, and education
- home and housing
Based on this assessment, we will help you to:
- set your own goals
- make a personal plan for change, and
- find out what local services, groups, activities or other opportunities are available to meet your health and wider wellbeing needs.
We can also support you in contacting other services and making your first appointment. If you need more help you can always come back to us.
Members of the community can self-refer but local services, community organisations and groups are also welcome to refer clients who have wider needs that cannot be met by the service or organisation.
Where to find community navigators
You can speak to a Community Navigator at the Residents Hub, Whitechapel Town Hall or make an appointment to see one of us at your nearest the Idea Store:
- Idea Stores Whitechapel (NW locality)
- Idea Stores Bow (NE locality)
- Idea Stores Watney Market (SW locality)
- Idea Stores Chrisp Street (SE Locality).
Email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.