Personal transport budgets
A personal transport budget (PTB) is funding to help you get to your college or day centre.
A PTB allows you to make flexible travel arrangements rather than travelling on a vehicle contracted by the council.
How much you receive is based on the distance between your home and college or day centre.
How can I use a PTB?
You could use a PTB to:
- buy a travel pass for public transport for you and your parent / carer / guardian / buddy
- pay someone to walk or cycle to school with you
- be driven to school or college by your parent/carer/guardian or someone chosen by yourself and your carers
- arrange shared travel, such as car or taxi sharing with another family
- overcome other barriers that may prevent you getting to school, for example your parents may need to get to work before your transport arrives
- pay a travel buddy to help you to use public transport.
Your PTB will be reviewed each year.
How long will I get a PTB for?
You will get a PTB for the time that you are in the school or college stated in the application.
The PTB agreement is renewed each year. It will only be withdrawn if:
- you move home and you no longer qualify
- the travel arrangements made for you are unsafe
- you leave the school or college
- your school or college attendance isn’t as regular as the school or council think it should be.
For more information please contact the Transport Support Unit by email: email@example.com or telephone: 020 7364 1063.